Organization and Governance
Potentia Academy was incorporated in the State of Florida in 2009 as a private K-12 school and complies with all state laws and regulations governing the operation of private educational institutions. Potentia currently serves middle and high school grade levels.
The Internal Revenue Service has awarded Potentia Academy a not-for-profit determination as a 501-(c)-3 corporation. All donations to the school are tax deductible.
Ms. Janice Meeks serves as Principal of Potentia Academy and is in charge of the day-to-day academic operations of the school.
Potentia Academy is governed by an independent Board of Directors, consisting of educators and business professionals, who volunteer their time and energy because they believe deeply in the mission of the school. Our Board of Directors currently consists of:
- J. Duane Meeks, Ph.D., is Potentia’s President and Chairman of the Board. Dr. Meeks serves as Associate Provost of Strategic Innovation at Palm Beach Atlantic University.
- Horace W. Sawyer, Ed.D., serves as our Vice-President. Dr. Sawyer is Professor Emeritus and the retired Chairman of the Department of Rehabilitation Counseling at the University of Florida.
- Martin A. “Marty” Dytrych, CPA, is the school’s Secretary-Treasurer. Mr. Dytrych is a Principal at Lehmann, an accounting, wealth management, and consulting firm, which operates in Florida, Michigan, and Ohio.
- Patrick J. “Pat” Rooney, Jr., Esq., who is President of the Palm Beach Kennel Club and the Florida State Representative for District 85.
- Beth-ann Morrison, Vice-President, Business Development Officer, Residential Lending Officer, Small Business Development Dept. Mgr., Credit Analyst at Valley National Bank.
- Vivian Sawyer, retired real estate broker, Real Estate Professionals of Orlando.
- Samuel J. Ferreri, Principal at PGAL, an architectural firm. Mr. Ferreri was previously the mayor of Greenacres, Florida for over twenty-eight years.